Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medic helmet with possible battle damage

Article about: This helmet was floating around on eBay for a week.i emailed the guy and made him an offer and he took it. I am not much into collecting relic helmet and I am always a sceptic when it comes

Default Medic helmet with possible battle damage

This helmet was floating around on eBay for a week.i emailed the guy and made him an offer and he took it. I am not much into collecting relic helmet and I am always a sceptic when it comes to battle damage helmet and in this case both a medic and battle damage. There is a 14 day return policy.
    The helmet was listed as a ww2 helmet, I believe it may be Korean War era. The helmet has I believe to be what is called the marine corps green it has a slight blue hint.
    The helmet has sharpnel damage on two places in the rear and a bullet hole shot from the rear to the front.
    Most fake battle damaged helmet are shot from an upper angle,this one is from a level straight on shot. If I were taken target practice on this helmet during war times I would have shot it from the front.
    All opinions welcome. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medic helmet with possible battle damage   Medic helmet with possible battle damage  

Medic helmet with possible battle damage   Medic helmet with possible battle damage  

Medic helmet with possible battle damage   Medic helmet with possible battle damage  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medic helmet with possible battle damage   Medic helmet with possible battle damage  

I want to go on the record and say that in no way do I find pleasure or joy in a true battle damaged helmet. War is horrible and tragic and war is to always be the last resort. If this helmet is a true BD helmet it shows the sacrifice of a true warrior, and the honor that is due. God bless all "Doc's"
    Marty

Any ideas on the color? Any thoughts too the helmet being a true BD helmet?
    When looking at the finish it is cork not sand so it may just be ww2 era.
    Marty

Well certainly looks genuine enough to me marty,don't see any red flags,certainly judging by the colour and rust it hasn't been "knocked up"in a workshop recently,can't really add much more info than that Bud...............

Thank you for the positive comment. May be we can get some more info as times goes on.
    Marty

?

Damn !
    Looks like the guy made 1 house call to many. I hope he wasn't wearing the helmet when it was hit.

All the damage is on the rear. 2 spots with shrapnel damage and 1 firearm shot. The gun shot is a concern that it may have been worn at the time or the liner was in the helmet. The exit hole is long gated as if the bullet turned due to the liner, changing the direction and causing the bullet to exit sideways or it was worn at the time of the hit. Maybe it is just the way it was blown out.
    Marty

This helmet is from a past post on this forum. The helmet is a blue/gray navy corpsman helmet. This color wound make sense if the helmet belonged to a medic serving with the marines.
    Attached Images Attached Images Medic helmet with possible battle damage 

I personally don't trust battle damaged helmets either. I know that because I live in houston, tx I could shoot a hole through a helmet, leave it outside and 6-8 months later have a similar result because of humidity. I would tend to believe shrapnel damage before a bullet hole.. Jmo.. But still a cool helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast