Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

MI Insignia

Article about: I blew the dust off this one this morning to take some photos, as it has finally stopped raining here. A front seam, fixed bail named set with a Capac liner. Two things are a little odd with

?

Default MI Insignia

I blew the dust off this one this morning to take some photos, as it has finally stopped raining here.
    A front seam, fixed bail named set with a Capac liner.
    Two things are a little odd with this one. The first is the centre liner grommet is not there, there is a circular mark though. A miss-stamp maybe? Never seen that before.
    The main thing though is the insignia, it is a tough fibrous material, and I am beginning to think it could have been added fairly recently?
    Does anybody have any thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MI Insignia   MI Insignia  

MI Insignia   MI Insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aj4010; 07-09-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: MI Insignia

Hello
    I have the same opinion, not really genuine, marks of glue on the liner near insignia...
    cordially
    Didier

?

Quote by bichon View Post
    Hello
    I have the same opinion, not really genuine, marks of glue on the liner near insignia...
    cordially
    Didier
    Yes, somethings not right methinks. Under the loupe, the insignia is cotton wrapped around wire. The backing looks like later issue helmet webbing. Part of a toy/model uniform perhaps?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

looks like cut up pipe cleaner glued to a webbing material & the glue looks like it has no age to it so i would have to agree at it being done quite recently.

It looks like the embroidered insignia we bought at the PX to sew on our green fatigue and BDU uniforms. Definitely does not belong on a helmet or liner.

Dusty

now thats lush andy,looks almost mint,amazing paint and cork texture for 70 years young,regardless of the insignia its still a top class set,now im crying boo hoo,cheers dave.

?

Thanks for the confirmation people. Now for the dilemma! What to do about it. I think I should just leave it as is. If I remove them, it's going to leave a nasty mark on what is after all a nice original named set. It's a very good glue. It is what it is I suppose.
    Dusty, that is interesting that the insignia may be military. Where on the BDU would these be worn? Epaulettes? These are quite small.
    If these were added by the seller to increase the value, it didn't work, I picked it up for a very good price, maybe 5 years ago off the Bay.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]