Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mid 80's M1 example

Article about: Hi Fellow M1 collectors, whilst this M1 is not rare or a particularly unusual model, I do feel it is a classic 80's example,and as a result thought you might like to have a look at it to aid

?

Default Mid 80's M1 example

Hi Fellow M1 collectors, whilst this M1 is not rare or a particularly unusual model, I do feel it is a classic 80's example,and as a result thought you might like to have a look at it to aid discussion.The liner is a Firestone, and frankly the choice of colours is pure art in my opinion, Thanks for looking Opex.

Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example
    Mid 80's M1 example

?

Nice helmet.

Whats cooking Gary!!!!!never mind a choice of colours,how about a choice of decades.luv the woodland cover mate thanks for sharing...........

Nice lid Opex!

A great example of the final model M1!

Regards,
    Chris

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Nice helmet.

Thank you Steve much appreciated.

?

Quote by christek View Post
    Nice lid Opex!

A great example of the final model M1!

Regards,
    Chris
    Thanks Chris, most appreciated and glad you like this one.

Kind Regards.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Whats cooking Gary!!!!!never mind a choice of colours,how about a choice of decades.luv the woodland cover mate thanks for sharing...........

LOL, yes I think in retrospect I should have described this one as being from 1967 to 1988 ,and who knows in between.The liner is from 1973, the liner cradle 1988, I cannot make out a date on the sweatband or the woodland cover, and the shell itself well I would hazard a guess at it being manufactured by Ingersoll ( '67?)

Spot on mate at least you knew what I was getting at,indeed an Ingersoll shell.1965-1967,post 76 clip on chinstrap,orange glow type liner,both MarMac and Firestone made this type in 72/73 and has you already mentioned Gary has had later web cradle/sweatband/woodland cover added,all totally re-usuable parts hence why there's such a mix & match variety with M1's..............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Spot on mate at least you knew what I was getting at,indeed an Ingersoll shell.1965-1967,post 76 clip on chinstrap,orange glow type liner,both MarMac and Firestone made this type in 72/73 and has you already mentioned Gary has had later web cradle/sweatband/woodland cover added,all totally re-usuable parts hence why there's such a mix & match variety with M1's..............
    Thanks Jake, I have many late 70's M1's , and most if not all seem to have this mix and match approach.

Yep wore one just like this in the early 80's but, believe it or not we were still using ERDL and the occasional Mitchell covers. The Marines never threw anything away back then. In 1985 I was issued a 68 dated poncho liner and an M16A1 made by Hydra-Matic, and both were new. I still have the poncho liner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast