Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mixed up M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi guys picked this up today and it's got me scratching my head. It is Korean War M1 (M 149A stamped) with correct chin straps. The helmet has 2 layers of paint its original and a darker gre

Default Mixed up M1 Helmet

Hi guys picked this up today and it's got me scratching my head. It is Korean War M1 (M 149A stamped) with correct chin straps. The helmet has 2 layers of paint its original and a darker green overpaint with a lot of rust where the paint has come away. The liner is a WW2 Westinghouse (blackened brass A washers) which was manufactured between mid 1944 up to the end of the war. This liner has what I can make out 3 different types of paint on it (tried to capture the different colours where paint has chipped on the pics) but it's the layer of paint on it now I am not sure about (Vietnam period?). Which leads me to the leather headband which is dated 1963. I know people throw these things together to sell but the liner shows the rust stains off the inside of the helmet which doesn't wipe off so been together for a long time. The rust off the headband clips is pretty consistent with the marks left on webbing on the liner. Would love your help on this one please guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mixed up M1 Helmet   Mixed up M1 Helmet  

Mixed up M1 Helmet   Mixed up M1 Helmet  

Another great set to show us Red,nice to see the shell still retains its original olive painted steel chinstrap hardware,multiple coats of paint as many items were re-issued many times post ww2.

Hi jake have you been on holiday? Haven't seen you around for a bit.

Only Devon mate,bit of a wash out really.

Sorry to hear that mate. I've been putting all my lids up can't believe how time consuming it is to do it it's a labour of love