Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK 2 USN Taker Helmet

Article about: Hi I recently picked up a nice original USN MK2 Talker helmet complete with chinstrap. On internet searches, and forums I came across information that one of the helmets had McCord and Fires

Default MK 2 USN Taker Helmet

Hi

I recently picked up a nice original USN MK2 Talker helmet complete with chinstrap. On internet searches, and forums I came across information that one of the helmets had McCord and Firestone markings. Most if not all of the helmets I have seen either have been repainted many times by the nave and are unmarked, or they are marked USN --MK2 as mine is. Does anyone know if the McCord/firestone marked helmet is only a factory work in progress item, and finished product that was sent to the navy all had the --U.S.N. MK2 marking?
    Here is a link to the discussion with the McCord /firestone.
    USN Talker Helmet - TALKER'S HELMETS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Here are pictures of mine...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK 2 USN Taker Helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images MK 2 USN Taker Helmet  MK 2 USN Taker Helmet  MK 2 USN Taker Helmet 

Like your helmet as it has the same so to speak liner as mine, no marks that I can see like yours though mine have rusted out

Sorry I can't help with your inquiries but a great helmet! Thanks for sharing.