Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP M-1 helmet ?

Article about: hi guys this is my latest buy off eBay its a 60's+ era MP M-1 the white finish is a gloss finish that's now turned an off white yellowish with age the liner as you see is a FIRESTONE make &a

?

Talking MP M-1 helmet ?

hi guys

this is my latest buy off eBay its a 60's+ era MP M-1 the white finish is a gloss finish that's now turned an off white yellowish with age the liner as you see is a FIRESTONE make & has a WW2 era sweatband of which two of the clips have been broken not sure when this was done whether someone tried to remove it & broke them ?

i have had a quick search for this type of MP helmet used post war but i can only seem to find pics of this type used during WW2 ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MP M-1 helmet ?   MP M-1 helmet ?  

MP M-1 helmet ?   MP M-1 helmet ?  

Default Re: MP M-1 helmet ?

I guess the show must go on.very nice Nick i like it,was this on US ebay?or over here?nice 1962 firestone liner in great shape,is the shell 60's or late ww2?all in all a nice set good on the eye too,congrats to you...............Jake.

The firestone marking is interesting... I've never seen one with stippling around the logo. It almost looks like it was an MSA liner with the Firestone logo stamped over it?

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I guess the show must go on.very nice Nick i like it,was this on US ebay?or over here?nice 1962 firestone liner in great shape,is the shell 60's or late ww2?all in all a nice set good on the eye too,congrats to you...............Jake.

cheers mate

i got this off UK ebay for £25 as nobody else bid on it.

its not going to be the same without Andy joining in but im sure he'll want us all to carry on & im sure he's still here in spirit keeping an eye on us

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    The firestone marking is interesting... I've never seen one with stippling around the logo. It almost looks like it was an MSA liner with the Firestone logo stamped over it?
    possibly old MSA mould equipment ?

It looks good Nick, you know yourself that these paint jobs are very difficult to date. But it looks like it been painted over an original cork finish.

Is that a rear seam stainless rim on it?
    Sorry cant help with any pictures
    Your correct Jake the show must go on! but there will be a great big hole down here. he always answered every thread.
    Regards
    Rod

I like the look but I'm not 100% sure it's official paint. The helmet (Nam era) & WWII liner (with interior upgrades) are great and I'd have bought it even with the over-paint.

There's a lot of variations out there but the MP looks a bit small- they usually screamed "MP" in huge lettering and there were stripes involved going left and right of the MP lettering.
    I'd have just bought it as a over-painted lid, not MP.

I do love US helmets though so if you bought it cheap enough that's great- enjoy it!

Hi Nick,

what are your thoughts on the broad horizontal band at the rear of the shell that shows through the white gloss?

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    It looks good Nick, you know yourself that these paint jobs are very difficult to date. But it looks like it been painted over an original cork finish.

Is that a rear seam stainless rim on it?
    Sorry cant help with any pictures
    Your correct Jake the show must go on! but there will be a great big hole down here. he always answered every thread.
    Regards
    Rod
    cheers mate

the shell is a 60's era version so the rim is Manganese steel rather the stainless its just a trick of the light.

?

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Hi Nick,

what are your thoughts on the broad horizontal band at the rear of the shell that shows through the white gloss?
    it looks to be over painted tape residue possibly at some point before it became an MP helmet it had a name tape on the back for training purposes ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast