Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1943 Inland M1

Article about: Recently picked this up online and a very happy with it! The stamp shows it to be a 1943 production by Inland (at least the liner). If someone is able to give a more specific date of manufac

?

Default My 1943 M1

Recently picked this up online and a very happy with it! The stamp shows it to be a 1943 production by Inland (at least the liner). If someone is able to give a more specific date of manufacture (from the shell heat stamp) I would appreciate it!

This is my first foray into WW2 era M1's, I've noticed that a lot of helmets don't include leather sweatband or the neck nape. Is there a particular reason for this?

Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 1943 Inland M1   My 1943 Inland M1  

My 1943 Inland M1   My 1943 Inland M1  

Last edited by FinMC; 09-26-2016 at 05:14 AM.

McCord shell around 9/10th month 1943

?

neat! Thanks for that - so whats with the lacking in neck nape/headband? and would it be worth it to try and find original 1943 replacements?

Quote by FinMC View Post
    neat! Thanks for that - so whats with the lacking in neck nape/headband? and would it be worth it to try and find original 1943 replacements?
    Yep why not,
    These are the replaceable parts of the liner so not uncommon for these to be missing

?

makes sense, are the makers for nape's and headbands the same as the liner maker? (so for complete authenticity I could try and find 1943 Inland Manufacturing?)

Quote by FinMC View Post
    makes sense, are the makers for nape's and headbands the same as the liner maker? (so for complete authenticity I could try and find 1943 Inland Manufacturing?)
    no and there are a lot of different makers, If you can maybe try and match the colouring

?

right, fair idea there - I'll see how the hunt goes

I'm afraid it comes down to money,many sets are stripped and sold individually to make extra cash,the "43" is the mold tool head number and has no baring on dates as no ww2 made liner carried them.this liner dates between october 42-spring 43.shame when items are removed for profit.!

Indeed - I remember thinking $15 was a lot to pay
    for an original chinstrap when you needed one
    and now they are quite expensive, these thin
    leather strips, so some sellers/dealers will
    break up complete helmets to make more
    Dough. Nice lid regardless.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Got that right steve,those early flat cam olive types are reaching $200 so you can see why there doing it.!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast