Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My 1st US liner - Indonesian army MP liner

Article about: When strolling in my hometown antique market, i manage to find this liner.... or the rest of it. The detail. We still can see the original US Army green The inner side... Westinghouse D30 An

Default My 1st US liner - Indonesian army MP liner

When strolling in my hometown antique market, i manage to find this liner.... or the rest of it.

The detail. We still can see the original US Army green

The inner side...

Westinghouse D30

Anyway this liner was part of the indonesian army military police helmet in the 1960's. Especially the pattern "P*M".

But i couldn't found the shell, because it's already sold.
    Well it's better than nothing, and i'm happy for my 1st american made high pressure liner.

Anyway is there anyone can help me judging from what year this liner was made? I once read that the A-washer can be used to predict the age of the liner. Is it true?
    And this liner is a wartime made liner? Since the liner band is brown colored.
    Also is every US made high pressure liner have the same inner pattern like this one?
    And what's the mean of "D30"?
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: My 1st US liner - Indonesian army MP liner

that was a nice find, the markings are still in good condition, and will look good for display

militaria must be very hard to get in Indonesia?

A nice find from your neck of the woods.
    As far as i am aware westinghouse stopped making these august 1945 that’s what “W” stands for.
    People have come to the conclusion that the numbers in your case “D30” are just the press number it was made in.
    I think I see green paint on the “A” washers, this would mean it was made mid ww2, I don’t know the exact dates but I would say around 1943.
    Someone may have more information in there books
    Regards
    Rod

Quote by battle gear View Post
    that was a nice find, the markings are still in good condition, and will look good for display

militaria must be very hard to get in Indonesia?
    Well it depend.
    If you're happened lived near an antique market, the chance of getting militaria antique increase greatly.
    In my opinion, indonesia is a heaven for militaria antique. Because militaria from every part of the world is exist in here. From the dutch, japan, british, american, etc. And i'm really lucky in getting the mysterious dutch east indies clone made m35 stahlhelm.
    Sometimes, the price tend to lower because the insufficient knowledge of militaria history among the militaria antique seller in here in particularly about the m1 helmet. So when you visit solo, don't surprised when you know the price of front seam fixed bail shell is only $10. But it's almost impossible in getting the rear seam swivel bail, because euro clone is really plentiful in here.

Quote by plumbob View Post
    A nice find from your neck of the woods.
    As far as i am aware westinghouse stopped making these august 1945 that’s what “W” stands for.
    People have come to the conclusion that the numbers in your case “D30” are just the press number it was made in.
    I think I see green paint on the “A” washers, this would mean it was made mid ww2, I don’t know the exact dates but I would say around 1943.
    Someone may have more information in there books
    Regards
    Rod
    Ah thank you!
    So in the american market, how much the worth of this westinghouse liner in this kind of condition?