Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my birthday treat!!!!!

Article about: Well I know that fixed baled Helmets rarely show up these days here in the UK,and when occasionally they do, just forget it, its always way out of my league,so anyway when this came up as a

Default my birthday treat!!!!!

Well I know that fixed baled Helmets rarely show up these days here in the UK,and when occasionally they do, just forget it, its always way out of my league,so anyway when this came up as a B.I.N or "best offer" I just had that impulse to go ahead and just do it,I know to a lot of you your be thinking yeh so what just a box standard ww2 helmet and yes you would be right,but to someone like me who has family commitments etc normally just cannot afford any thing like this,and yes its cost a bit,but a lot less than most dealer sites I regularly check out,it just had that look about it that I always like the most, not mint but not rotted out either,just that nice been there and done a bit I guess the price reflected that,I dont have it to hand just yet but here's the sellers pics that bowled me over.......enjoy anyway.......Front seamed McCord fixed Bale dated around mid 43 with Brass raised buckle,Westinghouse liner with green painted steel "A" washers, green buckle chinstrap (a little dry) and the sweatband is a green croc clipped mid-war type.........please enjoy.....Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my birthday treat!!!!!   my birthday treat!!!!!  

my birthday treat!!!!!   my birthday treat!!!!!  

my birthday treat!!!!!  
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 01-10-2015 at 09:46 PM.

?

nice pick up Jake

very nice salty M-1 just the way i like them, i hear ya about these types of lids coming up in the UK not very often these days & when they do people throw silly money at them which is not good when you just dont have the money to splash out on them

Thanks Nick thought this would be your cup of tea,for some strange reason many wont look further afield like US ebay weather its the shipping or customs I just dont know,but Im pretty certain this would have been way to high even for me if it had been on over here,I felt it was worth the risk..........Jake.

?

when i first started out on ebay i use to check US ebay a lot because you could get very good deals back then on helmets & the shipping was pretty cheap but since shipping cost have gone up they're not so good anymore i still check there from time to time but shipping + import fees do tend to put me off

very nice addition jake and as stated by nick nice and salty just how i like them too ,thanks for showing ,james

Great helmet Jake , in a super "been there,done that" condition. Leon.

Thanks James and Leon its frustrating at the best of times when you get into something at such a late stage that your so passionate about and yet have left it way to late with the lack of variaty and the sheer volume of cost,I know nothing really special will probably never come my way so just have to grateful with what I do have,as I have a few NAM era lids then this for me has to be my new centre piece,who knows maybe one day I might be in the right place at the right time...........Jake.

Nice one jake! Got to spoil yourself sometimes, i hear where your coming from with family commitments ect, I know i am in that boat as well.
    Its nice to see a good complete original helmet.
    Don’t let the kids play with it lol.
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Nice one jake! Got to spoil yourself sometimes, i hear where your coming from with family commitments ect, I know i am in that boat as well.
    Its nice to see a good complete original helmet.
    Don’t let the kids play with it lol.
    Rod
    Not a chance Rod and agree have to spoil now and again...............Jake.

like this m1 jake i would love to have this helmet too ha ha. but nice to hear that you have had win dosent happen that often. in this hobby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast