Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My collection now started. Any opinions and information most welcome

Article about: Hi guys. Only recently signed up to the forum and had been waiting to photograph my first lid. I picked this up only recently with an interest in collecting militaria. I'm still getting to g

?

Default My collection now started. Any opinions and information most welcome

Hi guys. Only recently signed up to the forum and had been waiting to photograph my first lid. I picked this up only recently with an interest in collecting militaria. I'm still getting to grips with the recognition and parts to try and date these items.
    As helmet number one, for me this seems a good start to my collection, albeit there is a broken swivel bail and no straps. I have identified the liner as Westinghouse but have no clue as to the steel pot. As for dating it, that's where I hope some of you can assist.

Default Re: My collection now started. Any opinions and information most welcome

your steel pot with the rear seam would date no earlier than late 1944...the liner is probably produced in the 1950's and later due to no grommet hole in the front to affix a badge,,light green shell paint is 1960's color,,,,

?

Default Re: My collection now started. Any opinions and information most welcome

Cheers for the info mm

?

the steel shell is dated from the 1960's onwards & so also the liner as it has no insignia hole to the front so this will be an early Vietnam era US M-1 helmet.

Good start to a collection.

nice helmet for starters. my first helmet was an 80's liner alone

?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.