Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first M-1: I need opinions, please.

Article about: Hi, this is my firs M-1 helmet... I hope it is all correct, but I wait and hope your positive opinions. Thank you very much Annoyed from this ads?   partisan

Default My first M-1: I need opinions, please.

Hi,
    this is my firs M-1 helmet... I hope it is all correct, but I wait and hope your positive opinions.

Thank you very much

partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	754231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	754230  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	754229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	754228  

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	754227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	754226  

Looks good and unissued to me. Possibly a re-paint ?
    The M1 helmet guys will be along to tell you
    more about it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It may be a repaint, if it is not it's factory fresh condition. I will say the green looks a little lighter than what I am used to seeing, but it could be because I have never seen a minty M-1 before, and the ones I have are just age darkened. Also it is missing the nape strap, but those are not hard to locate. I'm sure the experts would like a picture of the shells chinstrap and hardware as well. I hope you have a good one, but I have my doubts on the paint.

Overall its a nice almost complete Helmet,however taking pictures in a low lit area with a flash is never a good idea,I suspect the Pot maybe a Schlueter only speculating as most front seamed that I've encountered nearly all seem to have a repaint finish on them.plus the cork on Schlueter's seems to be much more coarse than that of a McCord produced shell.also it looks to have a Maganese rim rather than a stainless steel,making it quite a rare Helmet,as only a few were fitted front seamed before moving the seam to the rear,again something often seen more on "S" produced shells.natural light pictures are really needed to give a much more accurate opinion.
    With Regards Jake.

Yes it is inussued, it didn't came fron dealers or military shop, it was founded in a warehouse of Italian navy (about in the year 1963) as it is , in factory fresh condtion (I think never used). About the color I don't know, I can only say that I made the photos by flash (not sun light), but I trust in your experience!

This 2 images (sorry, not very good!) is without flash, but I can photograph better more later. I added an picture of inside mark...

Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120418.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	754473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120419.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	754476  

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	754478  

Can be 344A ???????

partisan

Should be an "S" between the number and front rim,as this number is too low for a McCord swivel Bale unless they have been changed...........
    With Regards Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Should be an "S" between the number and front rim,as this number is too low for a McCord swivel Bale unless they have been changed...........

Thanks sir! In other international forum the expert write that this is a Schlueter helmet without dubt! Compliment to you that (first) have wrote this!!!

partisan

Great info!

Hi,
    as ruddersrangers44 wrote, after almost one months, at sunlight, I have found The letter "S" of Schlueter. It is very faint, but you can see (I hope)...

Name:	P1120450.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	764208  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast