Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first M-1: I need opinions, please.

Article about: Hi, this is my firs M-1 helmet... I hope it is all correct, but I wait and hope your positive opinions. Thank you very much Annoyed from this ads?   partisan

Default My first M-1: I need opinions, please.

Hi,
    this is my firs M-1 helmet... I hope it is all correct, but I wait and hope your positive opinions.

Thank you very much

partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.   My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.   My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.   My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

Looks good and unissued to me. Possibly a re-paint ?
    The M1 helmet guys will be along to tell you
    more about it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It may be a repaint, if it is not it's factory fresh condition. I will say the green looks a little lighter than what I am used to seeing, but it could be because I have never seen a minty M-1 before, and the ones I have are just age darkened. Also it is missing the nape strap, but those are not hard to locate. I'm sure the experts would like a picture of the shells chinstrap and hardware as well. I hope you have a good one, but I have my doubts on the paint.

Overall its a nice almost complete Helmet,however taking pictures in a low lit area with a flash is never a good idea,I suspect the Pot maybe a Schlueter only speculating as most front seamed that I've encountered nearly all seem to have a repaint finish on them.plus the cork on Schlueter's seems to be much more coarse than that of a McCord produced shell.also it looks to have a Maganese rim rather than a stainless steel,making it quite a rare Helmet,as only a few were fitted front seamed before moving the seam to the rear,again something often seen more on "S" produced shells.natural light pictures are really needed to give a much more accurate opinion.

Yes it is inussued, it didn't came fron dealers or military shop, it was founded in a warehouse of Italian navy (about in the year 1963) as it is , in factory fresh condtion (I think never used). About the color I don't know, I can only say that I made the photos by flash (not sun light), but I trust in your experience!

This 2 images (sorry, not very good!) is without flash, but I can photograph better more later. I added an picture of inside mark...

Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.   My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

Can be 344A ???????

partisan

Should be an "S" between the number and front rim,as this number is too low for a McCord swivel Bale unless they have been changed...........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Should be an "S" between the number and front rim,as this number is too low for a McCord swivel Bale unless they have been changed...........

Thanks sir! In other international forum the expert write that this is a Schlueter helmet without dubt! Compliment to you that (first) have wrote this!!!

partisan

Great info!

Hi,
    as ruddersrangers44 wrote, after almost one months, at sunlight, I have found The letter "S" of Schlueter. It is very faint, but you can see (I hope)...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M-1:  I need opinions, please.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast