Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first M1

Article about: Certainly looks original. Some good history attached to that division

So thats now 5 sets of images uploaded to this thread and they are all at best still very poor.........

?

I still don't like it this just helps me to see it better, the follow me bar on the back and the painted 2nd Inf have too much wear while the rest of the helmet has very little also the strap appear almost brand new to me, this helmet is not for me. A good shell but the paint is post for me

Aik
    ?

My first M1 My first M1 My first M1 My first M1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M1  

?

Hello my opinion is still the same the follow me stripe on the back has tons of wear and no wear to the surrounding paint

Aik
    ?

It got wearing points surround.

?

These helmets with painted insignia are very easy to fake, and can look very convincing. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than the value of the steel pot itself. Unless, that is, it came directly from a vet or a direct family member, even then, I'd still like to see a war time photo of the man wearing it. Other than that, you could have a paint analysis. It is a good looking helmet. Rob.

Aik
    ?

My first M1 My first M1 My first M1 here there are scratches in the helmet.

?

True there are scratches on the helmet but not consistent with the wear you would expect. You posted this helmet for opinions and you do not seem to accept them.

Enough said...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M1  

Aik
    ?

I got a better idea i will go to a museum so experts can see it in the hand i thinks thats better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast