Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first M1

Article about: & that's what its all about as long as your happy with what you bought

Default My first M1

So I got my M1 in the mail today, came along with a repro woodland cover and a real ERDL vietnam era cover. The helmet itself and the liner are european, theres a belgian flag on the liner so I assume the shell is also belgian. There is an weird A inside the liner with a text like "Corge" something, cant really read is because its faint. Also got a cat eye band and 2 modern Scho-ka-kola's, theyre tasty! Here are pictures! Oh, and feel free to ask if you want pictures of a certain part of the helmet.

PS. I wrote "Draw Arnold fighting an unicorn on fire on the crate" in special wishes in Varusteleka, and they drew!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M1   My first M1  

My first M1   My first M1  

My first M1   My first M1  

Default Re: My first M1

as you indicated,,,Belgian Euro=Clone,,,,but still a nice helmet

Thanks! The liner chinstrap is detachable on this one, you see those little clips attached to the inside of the liner? Do US M1 helmets have it like this or another way?

Edit: I had a closer look and I can see the stamp is like this:
    A
    Cogest
    ABL

US helmets also have that feature...

?

Nice helmet.

By the way, I havent seen any ERDL helmet covers here on the forums, are they really rare or is no one really interested in them but me?

?

not rare just not much interest here Ive got a couple dated 76.

All right, thanks Nick. I like the cover and the helmet anyway

?

that's cool as long as you're happy with what you have that's all that matters

by the way your cover is dated 78 so is post Name era & here's how you date a cover (see pic below) the 78 in the DLA number gives you the date of manufacture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first M1  

Ok, thanks for the info Nick. The date of manufacture is close enough for me, im still happy with it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast