Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My First WWII M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi hope of interest my first ww2 M1 (complete with stress fracture as discussed in my previous thread) I took the plunge and made my debute into M1 lids. Comments are welcome and Amy info wo

?

Default My First WWII M1 Helmet

Hi hope of interest my first ww2 M1 (complete with stress fracture as discussed in my previous thread) I took the plunge and made my debute into M1 lids. Comments are welcome and Amy info would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First WWII M1 Helmet   My First WWII M1 Helmet  

My First WWII M1 Helmet   My First WWII M1 Helmet  

?

Couple more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First WWII M1 Helmet   My First WWII M1 Helmet  

?

I have managed to find the owners name( Henry W Hochuli) and a bit if info using the army service number on the webbing, and this ties in with the initials .
    Would someone be able to move this thread to th M1 helmet section please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First WWII M1 Helmet  

Moved. Nice lid BTW.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve

Nice mid-war lid, seems all original to me.

Nice original set,and complete to boot! well done on joining the addiction club.!...........

?

Many thanks for for taking a look and the positive comments, I think your are quite right regarding the addiction I already have my eye on another. I have been told the chin strap is wrong for a fixed bale , is this a correct or were they issued with this type of strap.The stitching looks factory but iam very new to these helmets.
    Last edited by busman; 09-23-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Nope don't know who told you that! but there talking b.......,that is the correct Buckle and J hook...............

?

That's good to know, I was starting to feel a bit shot down if it was a post war reissue. The guy Home / M-1 Helmets.co.uk gave me the info on it be an incorrect strap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast