Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My introduction, starting to collect M1 helmets

Article about: hello, i already started with one thread wherein i said i would introduce myself. i now have the time to do so. My name is Robby, and after a few years of collecting all kinds of stuff from

?

Default Re: My introduction, starting to collect M1 helmets

i found this its a very slim chance but you never know World War II Honoree

well just finished watching 21 jump street. Time to show the fourth helmet. This is a doubtfull one. but nevertheless still like it. This was my first helmet and have it already some 5 years orso. Its a front seam Mccord swivel bale. The heat stamp is 806B, dating it around februari 1944. The color of this helmet is the best ive ever seen, even got a camo looking patches on it (u can see it a bit on the top of the shell). And 100% of the cork is on there. The shell has black stell buckles and the squared j-hooks. And the captain marking well. i dunno but i dont have hope, bought it as original though back in the days. but then the prices were somewhat lower...

The liner is a firestone one. Enough paint on it, a bit light in shade but could be the original paint.

?

Quote by RobbyMB View Post
    well just finished watching 21 jump street. Time to show the fourth helmet. This is a doubtfull one. but nevertheless still like it. This was my first helmet and have it already some 5 years orso. Its a front seam Mccord swivel bale. The heat stamp is 806B, dating it around februari 1944. The color of this helmet is the best ive ever seen, even got a camo looking patches on it (u can see it a bit on the top of the shell). And 100% of the cork is on there. The shell has black stell buckles and the squared j-hooks. And the captain marking well. i dunno but i dont have hope, bought it as original though back in the days. but then the prices were somewhat lower...

The liner is a firestone one. Enough paint on it, a bit light in shade but could be the original paint.

another nice set up not to sure about the painted markings either they look a bit to new to me compared to the rest of the helmet but makes a good display piece.

time for the fifth helmet, finall a fixed bale It is a Mccord with heat stamp 687C dating it on October 1943. Also this on it suberb if we talk about cork and paint!!
    We have the more rare sharp tip black steel J-hook. The other strap is missing unfortunately.

The liner is for the third time a firestone one. Thought those were the more rare liners Two downsides. Incorrect sweatband and no more paint on exterior.

?

firestone is one of the common liners along with westinghouse & CAPAC.

i have read in my book that 17% is firestone, westi is 52% of total production. But indeed you see quite some firestones. I need some others in my collection
    a nice hawley orso haha

okay, the sixt and last helmet so far. Hope you guys liked the pictures.

The following is a 28th division also know as keystone or bloody bucket. This came from a farmer in the Ardennes from a town called Robertville. easy to remember because my birthname is Robert lol.
    This helmet is just great. the marking the bullit hole and done forget the field repair of the broken off fixed bale. The heatstamp is hart to read, but what i can read is 77.

Enjoy the last pictures and please let me know what you think of the helmets. Thanks for watching

the bale

Really great set of M1'S you have robbyThe large ETO follow me stripe is always a dead give away for being added years later,they were infact the complete oppisite,but saying that they still all look amazing,very well done indeed,regards minnie.now ive seen that one too,lifes not fair you have better toys than me boo hoo.

I prefer your jeep Robbie, would like one myself !

Very nice M1 lids, Robbie......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast