Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my korean war helmet cover

Article about: Not really. I have found a couple on USMF in the classified section and 4 + on ebay. The good thing about the 50s covers are that they have not been forged yet so you know they are authentic

Default my korean war helmet cover

hello, so i found this cover on ebay and talked the guy down on price and bought it. i thought that since i wanted a ww2 cover and only had a korean war helmet i wanted to cover then i would get this since i have been told it is good and in the future i will get a ww2 cover. i was wondering how much a korean war cover would be worth (even though im definetely gonna sell it) because most of th ww2 covers go crazy but i never really see korean war covers. secondly, i have seen reissued ww2 covers with the EGA but this one doesnt have it and is definetely used. did they only put this on some and was there a reason? forgive me for the long post! just really excited about my cover!

Default Re: my korean war helmet cover

I am not sure I understand your question. Your post was a really long never ending sentence : )
    Are you going to post pics?
    If you are asking what it is worth I need to see pics.

ok, i added pictures. the 2 questios i am asking are:

1) how much would this cover be
    2) did they put EGAs on covers for a reason or not because mine doesnt have on and is used
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my korean war helmet cover   my korean war helmet cover  

my korean war helmet cover   my korean war helmet cover  

Your cover has an EGA. See jungle side upper left on photo.
    They are many times very faded.
    EGAs were adopted by the USMC Commandant Gen.
    I would estimate your cover is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $100.

ok, thanks. i cant believe i didnt see that EGA! i wonder why they didnt add a photo of it because i would think that would be a big part of the cover. congrats on your ww2 cover for $75 also, you got very lucky, i wish i was you!

They probably didn't emphasize the EGA because it is common knowledge among collectors that the KW covers all have EGAs. It is really only relevant if you are buying a WWII cover. How much did you get it for?
    Oh BTW thanks for your kind comments on my First pattern find.

i got it for $150 shipped. i know i may have over payed but it is ok, it is going into my collection and i am happy. plus it isnt that bad and the value of these things are going up! your welcome about the cover you got, if you ever think of selling it or any others you may have let me know! i would definetely be interested!

That is not bad. I just picked up one in similar condition for $125 plus shipping.
    I got one last year from Korea off of eBay for $100.
    They are definitely going to go up in price.
    I am not selling any of my covers in the near future but I will keep you in mind.

ok, thanks!

by the way, anton67, do you know of any other websites or places that may have usmc covers? i know i asked this and i have checked the other forum classifieds and obviousely ebay. thanks for helping me out with the cover!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast