Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My latest M1 liner

Article about: Hi, just wanted to show a nice historic detail. I bought an M1 Liner at ebay. Interesting that those liners have been used by a fire service near munich in Germany. See the pictures - after

Talking My latest M1 liner

Hi,

just wanted to show a nice historic detail.

I bought an M1 Liner at ebay. Interesting that those liners have been used by a fire service near munich in Germany.

See the pictures - after restauration & cleaning (I took of the red paint) and before (below)

It's an WWII US Westinghouse Liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My latest M1 liner   My latest M1 liner  

Attached Images Attached Images My latest M1 liner  My latest M1 liner 

Default Re: My latest M1 liner

Hi Merluzza.

fantastic purchase, I wish these type of liners would come up on UK Evil-bay.

Interesting piece,in that as you say used by German fire service.

Nicely restored too..... thanks for sharing mate, nice one

The only bad thing are the little wholes made for the fire services insignia in front

As in other posts written by others, red fire service helmets from Germany may bring surprises when taking away the laquer.

As I read in a book the bavarian fire services after the war until the 60's/70's had to paint the helmets red. (Ludwig Baer's steel helmet books)

Quote by merluzza View Post
    The only bad thing are the little wholes made for the fire services insignia in front

As in other posts written by others, red fire service helmets from Germany may bring surprises when taking away the laquer.

As I read in a book the bavarian fire services after the war until the 60's/70's had to paint the helmets red. (Ludwig Baer's steel helmet books)
    I think I need to start checking out German E-Bay, if these little beauties are there too buy

Thanks mate, you have have given me, some good ideas,for my next investments.

I will definetely keep my eyes open for fire service helmets