Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My M1 collection or how this forum is costing me a fortune.

Article about: Before I found this website. My helmet collection consisted of an old repro M40 and a MkIV British helmet I was conned into buying when I actually wanted a MkII. Well I still haven't got a B

?

Before I found this website. My helmet collection consisted of an old repro M40 and a MkIV British helmet I was conned into buying when I actually wanted a MkII. Well I still haven't got a British army MkII. But now I have these:

With four M1s, from left to right: An obviously repainted fixed bale Schluter with 29th Div marking, a swivel bale front seam McCord. That came with a coat of primer which when removed revealed some spurious red cross markings. The underlying lighter Olive Drab which was revealed seems to indicate extensive postwar service. Then a Vietnam era helmet. The liner is dated around, 1966,67, The Mitchell cover is 1970 and from the state of it was on the helmet since then. The fourth is a '76 M1 sold to my by no less a person than Nickd of these boards.

The two WW2 liners are what appears to be an MSA in Olive Drab and a white painted Westinghouse liner complete with a metal MP badge. The leather chinstraps were added by me.

Finally to round off my US helmet collection. I have a PASGT in Kevlar and and a 1917 Mk 1 Brodie probably issued to a US soldier in the AEF.

There it stands at the moment. Forever, if my wife has her way.
    Last edited by noelh; 07-18-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Default Re: My M1 collection or how this forum is costing me a fortune.

nice collection you have there noel any close up pics of the nam m1 please cheers james

?

Default Re: My M1 collection or how this forum is costing me a fortune.

Hello

Very nice collection ! This forum has thus effect on you ! I have got loads of bits from forum members of tip offs posted on the forum !

Kind regards
    Alex