Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My M1 helmet #2

Article about: Here is my second M1 ww2 helmet. It is a McCord 741C which I date to about December 43. The helmet has S.9713 written into the rear inside and unknown what this means. The liner is a Firesto

Default My M1 helmet #2

Here is my second M1 ww2 helmet. It is a McCord 741C which I date to about December 43. The helmet has S.9713 written into the rear inside and unknown what this means. The liner is a Firestone which I date to about early 43 to mid 44. The liner has been repainted a dark green unknown if this a period paint job I'm sure someone will let me know. You can still see the original paint job from chips in the paint. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 helmet #2   My M1 helmet #2  

My M1 helmet #2   My M1 helmet #2  

Again a great shell with correct blackened steel hardware,no idea on liner paint,usually seen on postwar sets so maybe KW issued,keep coming with your awesome collection...............

Got an early war M1 with a first pattern Hewley liner to show soon so watch this space.

The S9713 is probably an initial and the last four digits of a service number, which is often seen on US clothing, webbing and helmets etc.