Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My M1 helmet

Article about: if you mean the stamp writing on the helmet liner webbing, i've tried my best to try and translate it, its like on page 4 of this thread. if not page three.

Default Re: My helmet

lol nuno, it does too.

anyone?

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    anyone?
    If you check out world-war-helmets.com, and check out the US section, I believe they show the various nets in use,which might give you some ideas,but I normally, just sandwich the net,between the shell and liner,you might have to cut your net down a bit,as there aint much room ,between the liner and the shell,to squeeze the net in

?

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Nice one Mate.

That's a real salty Aussie M1, I'm not really sure what the exchange rate is, $ vs £, but it's a good 'un.

I like this one
    its about £62 which to me is a bit high for a helmet like that & in that condition but thats just my opinion

Quote by NickD View Post
    its about £62 which to me is a bit high for a helmet like that & in that condition but thats just my opinion
    £62.00.....mmmm.....bit rich for my blood....for a 70's M1... Oh,well the guy's happy with it,and that's worth more then money, I guess

haha, i reckon it is good, i haven't seen anyone sell helmets around, and this store that i bought it from seemed to have cool ww1 ww2 stuff.

Quote by NickD View Post
    I'm with NickD, as I think it was a bit much as he says.
    But enjoy it for what it is.

You are well on your way to the next one !

My stepson picked up this helmet a few years ago for $10 CDN.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

My M1  helmet  
    Regards,

Steve.

haha nice mate, its hard for me to get some helmets in australia, cause the chances are the guys in the army through their helmets out or used them as buckets to pee in. but i'm soon gonig overseas to see some relatives to um.......... where they live and um get heap load of m1 helmets, US equipment, and even Japanese stuff, all from ww2 and vietnam era. and no, i'm not from japan haha

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    here are the pics, hope it helps.
    hey guys, i think this helmet liner is a paratrooper liner. i've recently seen a vietnam war paratrooper helmet, and the liner is near the same as the guy's one, it has the same interior colour, and even has the same writing on the webbing, i manage to read what it said on mine and it is "Liner Soldiers Steel Helmet, combat type 1" but i cannot translate the smaller numbers and letters, as seen on the pictures.

?

this is a Vietnam era airborne liner to compare it with.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

My M1  helmet   My M1  helmet  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast