Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My M1 helmet

Article about: if you mean the stamp writing on the helmet liner webbing, i've tried my best to try and translate it, its like on page 4 of this thread. if not page three.

Default Re: My helmet

mine looks fairly similar to yours, except you got an extra strap on yours, mine doesnt. but yea, mines got the exact same interior colour as yours, as well as the webbing is the same colour.

?

The rectangular camo net isnt the issue type for the helmet, here we call it a scrim net and was usually used as a scarf or a complete drape over the whole helmet and covered the face as a form of concealment, as was said earlier if you wanted to you could cut the netting then place over the steel outer, fold the edges into the steel helmet then push the liner helmet in trapping the net between the two.

oh ok, well the guy who sold it to me said it was the aussie issued camo for the m1 helmet, oh well thanks for that, so your saying that most of the net would be like coming out the back to help blend with the uniform?

?

No, if you left it as is you wouldnt be able to place the liner inside properly, you would need to cut it and shape it slightly in order to fit. I would leave it alone, the helmet looks ok as is without the netting

ok thanks mate

ok, i put the net back on as it was when i first bought it, i'll post some photos of it and see if it works, after get back home.

?

Quote by carlarganda View Post
    mine looks fairly similar to yours, except you got an extra strap on yours, mine doesnt. but yea, mines got the exact same interior colour as yours, as well as the webbing is the same colour.
    yours is not an airborne liner as it dosent have the "A" frame straps or the extra popper studs to affix the shell chin strap to so yours is just a standard infantry set up.

oh ok thanks.

I concur it is vietnam era. Have to read the FSN stamped on the inside to know if it was in the war.

whats fsn stamp?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast