Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my m1 helmet I picked!

Article about: Figured I would share some of my excitement with the group! I was thinking about buying a strap for the liner though to connect it to the helmet even though it would be a repo. I doubt I wou

?

Default my m1 helmet I picked!

Figured I would share some of my excitement with the group! I was thinking about buying a strap for the liner though to connect it to the helmet even though it would be a repo. I doubt I would find one from that era that someone just wanted to sell. Hope you guys enjoy the photos!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my m1 helmet I picked!   my m1 helmet I picked!  

my m1 helmet I picked!   my m1 helmet I picked!  

?

Very nice helmet. Looks great on the stand.
    If I were you, I’d wait for an original liner chinstrap to appear... always better to wait for the real thing than put something fake on an otherwise honest item.
    One will turn up, in time.
    Nice find,
    Bob

Nice helmet. I agree with Bob. The items are available with some patience and searching.
    John

?

thanks Bob for the kind words! and I will be waiting but not quite sure where to look for such an item? and thank you john as well!

You will also need a sweatband, and nape strap, pity the webbing is damaged too.

i'm astonished at the differance in wear to the Liner compared to the McCord shell,The shell is absolutely stunning with just the right amount of patina and showing beautiful age but the liner has seriously decade in comparison,personally i would lean towards a put together just so value was added,only my opinion of coarse.

Quote by wick View Post
    thanks Bob for the kind words! and I will be waiting but not quite sure where to look for such an item? and thank you john as well!
    "Warrelics.com. His name is Richard Williams...he is based in the US. But he will have parts you need if you want to do it that way.
    I used to do much business with him 10 years ago, but he stopped dealing in German items

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    i'm astonished at the differance in wear to the Liner compared to the McCord shell,The shell is absolutely stunning with just the right amount of patina and showing beautiful age but the liner has seriously decade in comparison,personally i would lean towards a put together just so value was added,only my opinion of coarse.
    help me out with the "put together" part? =D call me a noob if need be lol and real steel thanks for the help in the field!

To be honest i would look at another liner for it.

Rare - early marked WWII M1 CAPAC HELMET LINER U.S. Original | eBay

sell the other to counter balance the cost.

?

By ‘put together’, Rudder simply means the shell and liner appear to have been assembled from different sources, rather than having always been a set.
    I quite agree with Greatwhite that the acquisition of a suitably worn replacement liner would be a good choice. Not necessarily the first one you find, but wait for one with just the right amount of use and wear to look like it belongs with that fabulous shell. It will be worth the wait.
    Meanwhile, it looks great as it is, even without the liner chinstrap...
    Superb display piece. If you are a knob, you’re a knob with great taste.
    Going green,
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast