Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

my M1 WWII with special rank.. could you help me?

Article about: Hello guys, here my wonderful ( i think ) M1 with a rank but i dont know what kind of rank is... someone tell me this was a captain with special mission here in Italy. I found it in the goti

piebo69
    ?

Default my M1 WWII with special rank.. could you help me?

Hello guys,
    here my wonderful ( i think ) M1 with a rank but i dont know what kind of rank is... someone tell me this was a captain with special mission here in Italy. I found it in the gotich line where US stay a lots of month from sept '44 to april '45. The elmet is maded from july 44 to sept 44 and i don't have liner of it.
    thank you for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my M1 WWII with special rank.. could you help me?   my M1 WWII with special rank.. could you help me?  

Default Re: my M1 WWII with special rank.. could you help me?

It's a US Navy rank, Bowsansmate 3rd class I believe.

piebo69
    ?

What does bowsansmate means?

jumpingjack thanks for spelling it right but after looking thru the ranks it appears to be a
    Seaman First Class, it depends on the stripes under the 'V', if they are straight across then they are rated as an E-3. or Private First Class in the Army.

?

If that is a navy rate it would be for a captain with 4 straight bars. I can't even guess what the v shape would represent.
    I seriously doubt enlisted navy ranks painted anything on them . Aboard ship individual sailers are not issued helmets. They are at their battle stations. You wouldn't always get the same one.

Okay, I'm Army so I don't much about Navy insignas, I just trier to get as cloes as possible through Wikipedia. But you're right on with the battlestations, I seen that in pictures.