Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new fixed bale 558C with Seaman liner (named)

Article about: yesterday i receive my newest helmet. One that i had to have. It s in superb condition with lots of info. I hope we can find out more of this person. THat would be the cherry on the cake. Th

Default My new fixed bale 558C with Seaman liner (named)

yesterday i receive my newest helmet. One that i had to have. It s in superb condition with lots of info. I hope we can find out more of this person. THat would be the cherry on the cake. The heatstamp is 558C (june 1943) Here are the pictures. Let me know what you think of it.

the raised buckle

the bales

the liner. A nice conditioned Seaman (2) version. With original paint

The shell stamp 558C

And now the name in the shell --> LT William J Smith Jr O-1544749 ( not sure if the first is and 0 or O and the about the 7) in the crown and his name at the front near the front seam

after Lieutenant he also became a captain according to the following markings on 4 different locations. Capt Wm J. Smith 4th MED BN

I really like the looks on this helmet, its one of my favorite and nicest i have

Thanks all for watching...

?

Default Re: My new fixed bale 558C with Seaman liner (named)

Nice one in good shape. Way to go friend.

An absolute stunner Robby.very well done once again,you state the liner is "2"version please could you explain mate as i've never heard that term before,regards minnie.

haha sorry, i mean : the liner is a Seaman version. the 2 is what is also on the stamp. Sorry for the confusion caused

thanks for the compliments btw

No probs mate,regards minnie.

Hi Robby, I like it.

I have tried to research your man, but with no sucess as of yet. But Officers are usually easier to research.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks for trying!! If i search on the 4th infantry i get a lot of names, but when i go deeper, like for the 4th medical, then names are missing.

e.g. http://www.americandday.org/D-Day/4t...of_battle.html

if you scroll down to 4th medical, the only the Lt. Col is known, the rest is empty

Commanding Officers are always much easier to find. Company grade officers take a bit more digging to find. But I am sure we will get there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I like it to,
    Not that it matters but it looks like he may have changed his liner at some point such an early pot with a late liner. we will never know for sure.
    well done nice find!
    Rod

Beautiful M1! If I had to pick just one, this would be it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast