Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new VN era airborne M-1C

Article about: hiya guys my new VN era airborne M-1C turned up today, the shell is a front seamed swivel bail reissued shell thats had many many repaints & a fair few dings it also seems to have had a

?

Cool My new VN era airborne M-1C

hiya guys

my new VN era airborne M-1C turned up today, the shell is a front seamed swivel bail reissued shell thats had many many repaints & a fair few dings it also seems to have had a LT. bar on the front at some point ??

the chin strap has been attached wrong not only how they attach at the bails but they're on the wrong side to each other as well which just gose to make this even cooler then it already is

the cover is an early twill version which im not sure as to whether its original to the lid or not as it seems in alot better condition then the rest of the lid

anyway guys hope you like it, any & all comments welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C 

Default Re: My new VN era airborne M-1C

Very nice helmet, afew dents but looks cool anyway.
    Love the camo cover.
    Cheers.
    nuno

?

cheers mate

I couldn't see your helmet shell straps nick, did they turn them around so they don't snap on to the inside of the liner? I had a helmet that had worse dents than that, but I took the head of a ball peen hammer & slowly fixed it, now you can't tell there were any dents in it at all, the cover looks great. it's in great shape. I have the same type para helmet, same neck nape strap & all, it's one of my favorite m-1 helmets, my cammo cover is pretty worn though. nice lid.

?

cheers mate

if you look at the close up of the chin strap & the way they're attached to the bail instead of sitting in the notch at the top of the metal clip they sit in the middle & also the straps are on the wrong side to each other as the short strap is meant to be on the left bail & the long strap is meat to be on the right bail as you're wearing the helmet but it all still functions as it should just adds a nice little personal touch to
    Attached Images Attached Images My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C  My new VN era airborne M-1C 

Quote by NickD View Post
    cheers mate

if you look at the close up of the chin strap & the way they're attached to the bail instead of sitting in the notch at the top of the metal clip they sit in the middle & also the straps are on the wrong side to each other as the short strap is meant to be on the left bail & the long strap is meat to be on the right bail as you're wearing the helmet but it all still functions as it should just adds a nice little personal touch to
    ok, had to get my glasses, yeah I see what your talking about, man they did clamp them down on the adjustment slides, oh well, it makes it a one of a kind. still a nice lid. , oh yeah your cammo looks like a marine pattern also, I know mine is army, because it's blank underneath.

?

theres no markings on the cover to suggest it was used by the marines its just this one is made from Twill fabric rather then the Tight weave fabric.