Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Vietnam M1 put together!!!!!!

Article about: Got that right Chris,I guess ww2 gear is so hot at the moment,anything past that just isn't being sorted,mind you give it a few more years and folk will be kicking themselves,you wait and se

Default My Vietnam M1 put together!!!!!!

Here's a Helmet I put together with original parts and listed it on ebay to help fund my Yankee Fixed Bale,however with prices being off the chart for original wartime pieces this particular item never managed to secured a single bid.
    Shell is a ww2 rear seam McCord with post 1968 repaint in pea green.
    The liner is a 1964 Marmac M1 Combat liner.
    The sweatband is DSA contracted around 1965/66.
    The chinstraps are post 1968 with non-anchor stamps.
    The cover is an olive drab un-issued early Vietnam advisors type.
    The inner tube is modern.
    So back in the collection it goes.
    Comments welcomed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:51 PM.

I like it bud, maybe worth a re run sometimes you get a lot more hits second time around.

Yep steve you maybe right on that,funny thing was I cancelled the listing and changed the title and order of pics and didn't make a differance.

One on there now, not half as good as yours with a bid,, or you could just keep hold of it.
    M1`s addictive arn`t they.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    One on there now, not half as good as yours with a bid,, or you could just keep hold of it.
    M1`s addictive arn`t they.
    Yes they are,like a bug you cannot seem to shake.............

Nice one Rudder that OD cover was worn by a lot of marines especially early on however you can still see pictures of it in use as late as the battle of Hue City 68 maybe I have lost track. Anyway nice set. timothy

?

Hi Jake, I knew I saw that before,it was of interest to me and had it on my watch list due to the OD cover specifically, my advice re-list it, I have done this myself a couple of times and been quite successful,mind you that was British Mk5 helmets which at that time dominated my British collection. Like you I was trying to raise some funds for other items I would have preferred to have owned.

Cheers Gary,I reckon if it had a Mitchell buyers would have jumped all over it.............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Cheers Gary,I reckon if it had a Mitchell buyers would have jumped all over it.............

That is a very good point Jake, as your average buyer would associate the Mitchell alone as being, with all things Vietnam war.."love you Gi".."long time" ! etc!

Perhaps this might help you move it on buddy, I would have put a bid at the time, but was strapped for cash ( was ..still am!)

Nice setup Jake!
    I love the OD covers and often wonder why they are not more popular. From what I've read and seen in photos, a few were in service early in Vietnam. Perhaps it has something to do with lack of manufacturer markings? I know the late 60's dated Mitchells are becoming more sort after. I'd relist it, eBay is a strange place where one thing can get missed completely one month and fought over the next! Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast