Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this from NAM?

Article about: man, I found you one for 9.50, it's a rear seam, but they were used in nam too, the other day he had one for 7.50, but I bought one he had for 8.50, because it had the saw dust & cork pi

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Is this from NAM?

Just remembered I had some pics on my photobucket of the net

GREEN SIDE>>>

BROWN SIDE>>>

Also an original Nam era unused Australian decal for the M1 liner

AIF
    ?

Will dig the helmet out during the week and get a shot with the net on it for you..

AIF
    ?

Actually I just found somthing whilst rumaging through a few boxes tonight that you may be interested in, Its an original American mozzie net used in Vietnam that was worn over the M1, its in really good nick too, If you want it its yours PM me your address and I will send it to you as its of no use to me

oh ok yea i know that net, they were sellign it on ebay but they sold out just before i was going to buy one, you don't happen to have a spare one of those i can buy off you?

AIF
    ?

No sorry mate I only have the one net and helmet, the Aussies didnt really use the helmets much at all in Vietnam they never wore them out bush because they were too hot, heavy and made too much noise they just wore their bush hats, although I do have a picture of my uncle on an APC patrol wearing his because they were going through a mined area, he served in 2RAR combat tracker team 1970 but he was badly wounded in action by what they now call an IED and sent back to Australia, after he recovered he went on to train the new blokes for the next tour

Is this from NAM?Is this from NAM?

I would also recommend the French M51 helmet with camo, these are similiar to the M1 helmet but have a different profile, these were also used in Vietnam by the French and South Vietnamese.

they dont cost much money, I dressed it up with a camo cover & net and a piece of truck tire tube to hold everything together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3