Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named M1 Helmet

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors, here's another potential mixed era M1 from my collection. The chinstraps are wrong that much I know, the paint finish is odd to say the least, and has definitely been b

?

Default Named M1 Helmet

Hi Fellow collectors, here's another potential mixed era M1 from my collection. The chinstraps are wrong that much I know, the paint finish is odd to say the least, and has definitely been brushed on, the liner does not match the condition of the shell, but it displays well and has some history behind it, I would welcome your opinions Opex
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named M1 Helmet  

Welcome this Gary you have mixed your pics up mate.........

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Welcome this Gary you have mixed your pics up mate.........
    Oh , I have haven't I , that will teach me to rush these things

Apart from my complete lack of ICT skills, whatcha reckon buddy

I like it, certainly something i would display .

Now this is a rear seamed ww2 McCord with at a guess a Firestone liner,there's only 2 to choice from the other being of coarse Marmac,looks in good shape too Buddy,pre 72 sweatband,Im not a big fan of repaints purely as its impossible to tell when they were actually done,but it has character and the brush strokes look fine in appearance,I would luv to know roughly how many M1's you do actually own?..............cheers as always........

a nice issued example and seeing as its dsa stamped all the better ,is the nape strap period to the liner or newer ?as for the reasons to the repaint i havent got a clue mate but a thought provoking piece never the less ,thanks for showing
    Regards James

?

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    I like it, certainly something i would display .

Many thanks for looking and your comments, this one is normally displayed with a cover and I forgot it had the paint job underneath to be honest, it could possibly be fit for a restoration job so thought I would show it here for opinions which hopefully will spur me on to do it or not.
    Last edited by Opex; 06-01-2014 at 12:42 PM.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Now this is a rear seamed ww2 McCord with at a guess a Firestone liner,there's only 2 to choice from the other being of coarse Marmac,looks in good shape too Buddy,pre 72 sweatband,Im not a big fan of repaints purely as its impossible to tell when they were actually done,but it has character and the brush strokes look fine in appearance,I would luv to know roughly how many M1's you do actually own?..............cheers as always........
    Hi Jake, well I finally got around to posting the correct photo's this time, the liner is a 1969 Firestone, the suspension states it as being made in May 69 ( DSA 100 69 C 2 ???) the stamp in the crown is very different than my normal Firestone liners and not until today when I checked it out I noticed C ? P underneath the F ,The nape strap is also dated 69.

I am not keen at all on the brushed paint finish,hence why normally it is covered with a cover, and agree it is impossible to tell when it was done, I might strip it back ,but am reluctant as this could a mistake as I might just remove the history along with it.

Oh and regarding how many M1's I own, the honest answer would be no real idea, but there are two arguements to this subject ,one being from my wifes point of view which would be TOO many, and secondly my arguement would be not enough by a long way...LOL

Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Named M1 Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named M1 Helmet  

?

Quote by James C View Post
    a nice issued example and seeing as its dsa stamped all the better ,is the nape strap period to the liner or newer ?as for the reasons to the repaint i havent got a clue mate but a thought provoking piece never the less ,thanks for showing
    Thanks James, as previously mentioned the paint finish is not good in my eyes, but I think I will pop the cover back on and the idea of a restoration will be on the back burner. The nape strap carries the same date as the suspension, and as far as I can make out the sweatband is the only non-matching item?

a daft theory but would this rough over paint suggest argentine use? it may also explain the chinstraps ,well where ever its seen use its had a fair old rough and tumble ,almost like a french f1 i have on the shelf
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast