Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet

Article about: I'm curious with the name and rank stencils on each side if this helmet was actually in Vietnam as a "Combat" vet or if was a state side training used helmet? With places down Sout

Default Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet

I got this helmet recently. The camo cover is full of stains, worn away at the rim of the helmet but has no rips or tears. The liner is in good condition with only one chinstrap being broken. The nape strap has also been taped on both sides, you can see it in one of the pictures. I have not taken off the cover since there is barely any material holding on to the inside flaps.

It has SGT OSBORN stenciled on both sides of the cover, and has AMES written on the top of the cover, brim of the liner, and the sweatband of the liner. I assume his full name would be Ames Osborne, but I have only known Ames to be a last name.

I added some comparison shots with my relatively unused Vietnam Paratrooper Helmet

I am happy I was able to get this helmet and I hope you enjoy too!

Comments are more than welcome.

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet   Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet  

Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet   Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet  

Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet   Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet  

4md
    ?

Default Re: Named Paratrooper Vietnam M1 Combat Vet

nice, i like it! love those mitchell covers......maybe ames was his nick name.

?

very nice indeed just the way i like this salty

?

Thanks guys,

I saw that name pop up but it looks like he was WWII, I tried searching for Vietnam soldiers but nothing came up for Ames Osborne.

Alec

Nice lid.

?

nice lid. if its got a name its got a story.

?

Quote by thefight View Post
    Thanks guys,

I saw that name pop up but it looks like he was WWII, I tried searching for Vietnam soldiers but nothing came up for Ames Osborne.

Alec
    maybe they're related ?

Awesome, great looking helmet, thats the look that i want for my vietnam lid.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

alec both these helmets look superb and display well , nuno post up a pic of your lid if you get time ,thanks james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast