Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51

Article about: I’ll

Default Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51

Hi all, apologies for the jumbled presentation of the photographs here, I’m struggling to upload via my phone.

Bought this over a year ago now and was surprised to find the liner marked MP with the flash on the side. It wasn’t even mentioned by the seller. There is some damage to the dome of the liner too conducive to a dent in the shell. I had to replace some of the components usually found missing from liners but I like it. Tantalisingly, there are traces of coloured paint beneath the outer coat on the shell (possibly MP) but I’m not prepared to mess with it in case I ruin it!

The shell has 3 names inside but ‘Verbiest’ is written inside the liner also. I have traced a Thomas Verbiest US Army a casualty (not killed) of the Korean War so it sounds like the owner especially with such an unusual surname. Any ideas on the origin of the flash would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance. Ian ��

Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51   Named rear-seam Schlueter shell, post-war Capac liner dated 51  

Last edited by canti44; 02-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Nice set you have there Ian.

FYI

The name Verbiest originates from Belgium, Flanders to be exact. Quite common here where I live.

Peter

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. I found two other Verbiest’s both Navy but on reflection Navy could be Marine Corps too. I really need to decipher that flash. Some kind of comms unit perhaps?

Cheers, Ian