Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Vietnam Chaplains helmet

Article about: This helmet is one I have had my eyes on for awhile. I know to most it looks just like any other Chaplains helmet “wow another helmet with a cross” this one is different it has a cross and r

Default Named Vietnam Chaplains helmet

This helmet is one I have had my eyes on for awhile. I know to most it looks just like any other Chaplains helmet “wow another helmet with a cross” this one is different it has a cross and rank on the front which is rarely seen in Vietnam era helmets and I have never seen another one. This Chaplain served from WW2 through Vietnam and retired in 1971.
    Thanks for looking,
    Marty

And so, dear brothers, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living sacrifice, holy—the kind he can accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask?
    Romans 12:1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Vietnam Chaplains helmet   Named Vietnam Chaplains helmet  

Named Vietnam Chaplains helmet  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Nice pick up Marty. The helmet and the other items. Plus a "Full Bird"!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice grouping Cheers for the view Marty.

Nice grouping. Chaplain items are not very easy to find. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Great lid with that "extra" that makes a piece different from similar ones. Nice to see the "historical relic" that is the Dymotape on the liner.How old does one feel remembering that as a high tech labelling system?

As an aside it is interesting to see the "C-1" representing the chaplins grade. In the British system a similar abbreviation is used; CF or Chaplain to the Forces and is represented as CF1/2/3 with the grades covering the equivalent Capt. Maj and LtCol/Col levels of seniority.

This one looks like he had the helmet as a Lt Col then just sliced off the Lt section of the tape when he made full colonel.

Thanks for showing .

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-23-2018 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    As an aside it is interesting to see the "C-1" representing the chaplins grade. In the British system a similar abbreviation is used; CF or Chaplain to the Forces and is represented as CF1/2/3 with the grades covering the equivalent Capt. Maj and LtCol/Col levels of seniority.
    I could be wrong, but to be honest, to me it looks more as if it said "CH." with the letter "H" not properly imprinted on the tape.

Mark,
    It is a CH. but you know that makes sense on the gap the Lt. was cut out I did not give it a thought until now...GREAT CATCH!!!!

Got to love this !!
    I know you do. Nice pick-up
    David

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I could be wrong, but to be honest, to me it looks more as if it said "CH." with the letter "H" not properly imprinted on the tape.
    Fair enough Andreas! Another reason to recall the qualities of Dymotape

Oh, I see; the CH = Chaplin!

It was a good excuse for the aside though and in the UK CF1 would be Lt Col/Col

@Marty; do / did the US Forces use such an abbreviation?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-23-2018 at 08:42 PM. Reason: correction
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

CH is correct for a chaplain when you use it as it is on the liner..CH Major CH Captain etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast