Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Named White M1 - Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner

Article about: This is a named fixed bale named M1 helmet, with winter white paint that I acquired form Al Barrows in a trade several years ago. One of the bales was repaired. Both straps appear to have be

Default Named White M1 - Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner

This is a named fixed bale named M1 helmet, with winter white paint that I acquired form Al Barrows in a trade several years ago. One of the bales was repaired. Both straps appear to have been replaced, probably when the bale was fixed. Because the straps were sewn, and not affixed with hardware, I believe that the repair was wartime done, and based upon the crude repair of the bale, quite possible in the field. The Capac liner, original to the piece, has a 10th Mountain Division decal. The 10th Mountain boys fought in the Aleutians, and in the mountains of Italy during the winter of 1945. The broken bale suggests that the helmet was put to some hard use, and the crude and asymmetric way that the straps were replaced leads me to believe that the winter camo probably was wartime applied. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner   Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner  

Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner   Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner  

Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner   Named White M1 -  Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner  

Default re: Named White M1 - Fixed Bale - 10th Mountain Division Decaled Liner

Nice helmet ,great condition.

?

that is one great looking M-1 have you done any research on the name ??

Hi Nick, Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to figure out how to research the names on any of the named helmets that I have. If you know how to do it, could you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help you can give in that regard. Cheers, Jim G.

?

hiya jim

the only places i have use of for trying to I'D names in helmets are these NARA - AAD - Main Page National WWII Memorial its not so easy to do research on US items here in the UK.

Quote by NickD View Post
    hiya jim

the only places i have use of for trying to I'D names in helmets are these NARA - AAD - Main Page National WWII Memorial its not so easy to do research on US items here in the UK.
    I have also use the ABMC website.Thoses sites only give the name of war dead baried overseas. it is hard to get info on soldiers that were baried in the US or survive the war.