Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! Camo M-1?

Article about: Hi i bought this helmet at the Sussex county fair grounds military vehicle and military show and i think this helmet has a camo paint but im not sure can anyone please help. - Nick K

Default Need Help! Camo M-1?

Hi i bought this helmet at the Sussex county fair grounds military vehicle and military show and i think this helmet has a camo paint but im not sure can anyone please help. - Nick K

Need Help! Camo M-1?Need Help! Camo M-1?Need Help! Camo M-1?Need Help! Camo M-1?Need Help! Camo M-1?

?

Default Re: Need Help! Camo M-1?

Looks like a nice mid to late war front seam swivil bale lid. Liner may be a little older.
    Look in the very top in the liner and there will be a makers mark. See if you can get a close picture of it.
    I do not have a clue about the decals though. A good WWII model.
    Oh yea. It isn't camoflage. Just worn in spots.
    SteveR

I am guessing that the owner was a private first class in the 28th infantry division, judging by the keystone decal on the front of the liner. It looks to me like maybe it was used post-war. I could be wrong, though. I'm no expert on these.

The division on the front is 28th infantry division, the side is the 28th infantry division crest and its without a doubt 110% ww2 because on the liner its has a the guys serial number and i looked on the archives and it said he enlisted in 1941 and i think the helmet has a camo if you look at other helmets from the time theres camo like it. - Nick K