Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help Identifying helmet and liner

Article about: Hi! I’m new to this, I decided to check into this forum since I recently found family military goodies. I have a helmet, that is gritty texture, no grommets on the outside, (which most of th

Kim
    ?

Default Need help Identifying helmet and liner

Hi! I’m new to this, I decided to check into this forum since I recently found family military goodies. I have a helmet, that is gritty texture, no grommets on the outside, (which most of them I see have grommets coming through to outside of helmet), the liner I have more info on. It is a high pressure liner, labeled Inland #34, It has a stenciled name on the front in parenthesis “Oakie” with the number A131. Not sure what that is even for. Then there are numbers on the back and a name stenciled as well. The back has the name RIBKEN 551727.
    My question is, What era do you think they were from? I believe they were my Father in laws, he flew Helicopters in Vietnam.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help Identifying helmet and liner   Need help Identifying helmet and liner  

Kim
    ?

Here are the helmet pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help Identifying helmet and liner   Need help Identifying helmet and liner  

Hi Helmets never had grommets on them only Liners,also there actually called eyelets and were for attaching an insignia or rank,the Liner is a late 1942 Inland with unpainted steel A washers,the shell is post oct-1943 swivel looped variation,can't help with the Liner markings.