Hello All,

I purchased what looks to maybe be a repurposed M1 medic's helmet a few months ago. After doing some research, here's the info I have.
- The stamp on the inside looks to say "76" with a large "S" under it, indicating that it's a Schlueter MFG helmet, lot 76.
- It is a front seam helmet.
- It has a swivel bail.
- It looks to have a cork texture.

For the markings:
- The cross on the front of the helmet is "diced" up and is painted in segments.
- Under the cross it looks like the soldier's name may have been painted on there but it is badly faded. All I can make out is "-----RZ, R------".
- If you look "behind" the cross, it looks like something was painted over to make way for the cross.

Any information here would be appreciated!
Also, is it possible to search a name fragment like this in an archive? I would think if you could partial "RZ" in the last name you might get some hits.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Need help identifying markings on M1 Medic HelmetNeed help identifying markings on M1 Medic HelmetNeed help identifying markings on M1 Medic HelmetNeed help identifying markings on M1 Medic HelmetNeed help identifying markings on M1 Medic HelmetNeed help identifying markings on M1 Medic Helmet