Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Netted M1'S

Article about: Just a note. No cuddly furry animals were harmed during the making of this thread. However, a green hardware liner strap was destroyed (snapped), so, I am going to go out and seriously harm

?

Default Netted M1'S

I thought I'd show a couple of M1's that I have applied nets to. I think its a great way to enhance an M1, and nets are not expensive. The liners in these are Firestone, Seaman and a nice early Westinghouse respectively. With the Westie, I put in the rayon sweatband, but it came with the "double wire" one pictured. The Polaroid goggles help set off the display of any plain Jane too, and are not overly expensive. Yet!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

Netted M1'S  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Netted M1'S

Nice !
    I need to get the net for my m1 shell.

?

very nice Ive always liked the look of a netted M-1

the one with the attached foliage band post war dutch ?

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    very nice Ive always liked the look of a netted M-1

the one with the attached foliage band post war dutch ?
    Quite possibly Nick. I don't think it is wartime anyway because the band is too stretchy, and the weave is too tight. I didn't know the Dutch made them though.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Quite possibly Nick. I don't think it is wartime anyway because the band is too stretchy, and the weave is too tight. I didn't know the Dutch made them though.

Best Regards,

Andy

have a look here The U.S. Type 1 and similar helmet nets

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    Thanks Nick.
    I've had a closer look at the one I have, and it seems the weave is different on the other side.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Netted M1'S   Netted M1'S  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Thanks Nick.
    I've had a closer look at the one I have, and it seems the weave is different on the other side.

Best Regards,

Andy
    here's my post war Danish net they make a great alternative to the hard to find & expensive WW2 US version

Netted M1'S  
    Attached Images Attached Images Netted M1'S 

silky smooth andy very nice,the dutch net looks simular to the M44 net with tight weave and foilage band attached,luv the goggles too mate,awesome display in all,regards as usual dave.

I'll dig out my US made net and band later on,and I'll also try to find the instruction tag that comes with it.

nick these look indentical to the so-called ones on ebay,so could be a case of misleading again regarding ww2 militaria,regards dave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast