Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New here, liner question

Article about: Thanks, anyone have any thoughts?

Default New here, liner question

First off let me begin by saying I'm very impressed with the knowledge on this forum. I'm not so much a miltaria collector as I am someone who should have lived in the 40s. I have two 40s cars along with quite a bit of other 40s items.I have a deep intrest in WWII and that's how I found this forum. My question is I recently purchased a liner and know very little about it. It does have the eyelet hole in front and the nape strap and headband but is missing the center part of the webbing and tie. It also has a insignia on the side that says "flaming missiles". I would post pic but I haven't received it yet and I haven't figured out how yet anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: New here, liner question

Photos would be helpful...and although I can't help out with the liner, I can still welcome you to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

?

as Glenn said pic's would of great help & also not sure of what you question is ?

go here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-makers-22988/ for some basic info on WW2 US liners this might help answer some question.

Hi. Both WWII and 1951 liners had the hole in the front. The 'Flaming Missiles' insignia on its side could denote Cold War use, maybe 1950s perhaps? One way you can tell the period of the liner is by the webbing color, I think that the 1951 liner webbing is darker, but I'm sure somebody else here can enlighten us more.

Welcome to the forum! Photos will tell us the whole story.

I will try to post pics when I get it. My little bit of digging revealed that the Flaming Missiles were the 41st antiaircraft battalion but that's all I know. I thought maybe someone on here might know something of that battalion and if that was a WWII battalion. Maybe I could post the link to ebay for pics.

?

Quote by Fibber Mcgee View Post
    I will try to post pics when I get it. My little bit of digging revealed that the Flaming Missiles were the 41st antiaircraft battalion but that's all I know. I thought maybe someone on here might know something of that battalion and if that was a WWII battalion. Maybe I could post the link to ebay for pics.

Welcome to the forum Fibber, (I do like that name .) Post the link and if you cant find a way to post the pics, I'll grab them an post them for you.

Best Regards,

Andy

Maybe this will work,I'm on a phone right now. Here is the link. World War 2 Helmet Liner | eBay

I tried posting a link but here is the ebay item number 111000415935. I pasted it on the ebay search bar and it pulled it up

?

Quote by Fibber Mcgee View Post
    I tried posting a link but here is the ebay item number 111000415935. I pasted it on the ebay search bar and it pulled it up
    Okey dokey!

New here, liner questionNew here, liner questionNew here, liner questionNew here, liner questionNew here, liner questionNew here, liner questionNew here, liner question

Best Regards,

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast