Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new M1 ?

Article about: Hi ! I know that this one is not original. But does anybody know sth about the type or sth like that? Was it used in the army or is it only repro? Unfortunately I do not know very much. But

Default Re: new M1 ?

Hi,

I had an similar one, but with a blue shell and a police insigina.

It's a dutch helmet. The newer ones can be identified by the botton system which connects the sweatband with the liner textile instead of the metal clips.

Search at dutchhelmets.nl in the police section.

Feel free to have a look at my M1-clones photoalbum.

To my mind the liner is Dutch and used by the civilian Police forces, either Gemeente Politie (municipal police) or Rijkspolitie (State Police).

The steel shell is not Dutch used or produced. Most likely it is a Danish or Norwegian issued one. The chinstrap buckle has never been used in the Netherlands.

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi ,
    The liner is Dutch, but.....
    I don't think the shell is Norwegian as it's the wrong shade of green, and they were produced in a matt finish. But the liner webbing chinstrap and shell chinstrap look very Norwegian to me , but saying that maybe it's been resprayed......the mystery deepens!!!!!

if it were mine,i would remove some paint and look for makers marks, to finally work out it's origin....

Gaz

ronl
    ?

You may have a US shell there. Check inside the front lid and see if there is a heat lot number there. If there is an S in the lid you have a Schlueter WW2 shell. I don't know much about the foreign M-1's, but the ones I have seen had makers marks somewhere on it. If you only find a heat lot number and no other markings,you have a WW2 front seam shell. There were millions of the things lying around after the war and they were given to many European countries.

?

the shell is definitely not US nor is it front seamed its a foreign made clone helmet & may have been used for peace keeping duties of some sort but someone has painted it green maybe to simulate the US version ?????

Hi !

Sorry that I have not been here so long....

The inscription is: L S 7 9 8

Does anybody know what it tells us?

I'm learning a lot here. I like this Forum.

Thanks,
    0.S.

Hello Orang Soldier,

LS is short for Linnemann & Schnetzer, a German helmet producer. 79 is the year of production, the 8 stands for the month.

Cheers,
    Emile

You might want to look at this site. The text is in french, but the photographs speak for themselves!

I would say a Norwegian shell and Dutch Police liner.

Cheers,
    Emile

.: Casque Norvgien modle 58 :.

Hi !

Thanks. A great website. I can speak french.

Why is the shell Norwegian if the producer is German? (LInnemann und Schnetzer)

Isn't it german then?

Best wishes,
    0.S.

Hi Orangsoldier,

The shell is made in Germany by Linnemann & Schnetzer on behalf of the Norwegian Government. Norway did not produce these helmets themselves.

L&S did produce shell's for other governments as well. For instance the Netherlands.

Cheers,
    Emile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12