MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New M1 + Some vietnam stuff :)

Article about: Hey, This just came in the post today. I got it all for £30. The liner had a crack (witch it did not have when i paied the guy, he packed all the straps and bags inside the helmet, and the s

?

Default Re: New M1 + Some vietnam stuff :)

go for it mate its def a good start

ronl
    ?

There were indeed riveted chinstraps that were on WW2 FB helmets. I have one myself. They were used by a unit from the state of New York so I was told. Mine has an abbreviated form of buckle along with the standard J hooks. I know they were a WW2 item US made because the buckle on mine has the anchor proof mark found on some liner chinstraps. Good solid pot you have there. If you're worried about the crack in the liner, you can repair it with clear epoxy. Gently try to pry the crack apart and align the fibers correctly. Coat the crack with epoxy, especially the fibers that are loose. Let the epoxy dry then take light sandpaper and sand off any ridges. Apply enough coats to fill in any cracks, sanding between each coat. On the final coat buff the area with fine steel wool to match the finish of the interior of the liner. If done correctly, you will never see the crack in the liner.

ronl
    ?

Here's a pic of my FB with the riveted chinstraps. Note the buckle; very rare variation.New M1 + Some vietnam stuff :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2