Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

New M1's In Their Crate

Article about: This seller must be laughing all the way to the bank talk about win win situation....must have some serious contacts.I agree with Nigel they should be donated to a museum.there's still plent

?

Default Re: New M1's In Their Crate

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I think it looks outstanding, This coming from a guy who has an early fix bail that I think was used as a cooking pot!!!!
    Just Beautiful!!!! Most definitely a gem of M1 helmets!
    This same seller also had a very nice looking M3 flak helmets that went for a pretty penny.
    This guy really found a great deal in some surplus sale.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    He did indeed Phil, a lot of the stuff he found was going to be scrapped, he's using the money raised from the helmet sale to buy more crates but he doesn't know what they contain.

Andy

Where is he sourcing these "crates" I would not mind opening a crate full of M1s... Garands

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Where is he sourcing these "crates" I would not mind opening a crate full of M1s... Garands
    Now that would be nice
    If he can manage to save a few more lids that would be OK too!

Andy

Better have my say i suppose.every now and again oddities arise that cannot be explained within the current collecting world.the helmet looks amazing but for me it has and always will be the issue or topic of those blasted chinstraps,forget books and the info contained within them,im talkiing about tangible and visual evidence,i've studied M1'S for the last 4 years cross examining etc,putting that crate aside i have never seen any M1 made after july 43 with that raised brass type buckle(the type most found on ETO helmets)the iron variant which was more harder to produce ran from july 43 to june 44 then brass was reintroduced as the blackened type flat buckle so why or how do McCord front seamed helmets made over a year after the above buckle was stopped suddenly end up with them?and why was that crate stamped Capac when they were MSA and WESTINGHOUSE on the first ebay sales?maybe there is no answer,maybe a batch was found hiding in some dark corner of McCords so they used them,i suppose it comes down to believing in whatever you want,think thats about it.......Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Better have my say i suppose.every now and again oddities arise that cannot be explained within the current collecting world.the helmet looks amazing but for me it has and always will be the issue or topic of those blasted chinstraps,forget books and the info contained within them,im talkiing about tangible and visual evidence,i've studied M1'S for the last 4 years cross examining etc,putting that crate aside i have never seen any M1 made after july 43 with that raised brass type buckle(the type most found on ETO helmets)the iron variant which was more harder to produce ran from july 43 to june 44 then brass was reintroduced as the blackened type flat buckle so why or how do McCord front seamed helmets made over a year after the above buckle was stopped suddenly end up with them?and why was that crate stamped Capac when they were MSA and WESTINGHOUSE on the first ebay sales?maybe there is no answer,maybe a batch was found hiding in some dark corner of McCords so they used them,i suppose it comes down to believing in whatever you want,think thats about it.......Jake.
    The buckle is the steel version, I have another with the heatstamp mid 44, front seam swivel bale.

New M1's In Their CrateNew M1's In Their Crate

Best Regards,

Andy

It looks like its brass in the pictures Andy. I will take your word on it.

Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    It looks like its brass in the pictures Andy. I will take your word on it.

Rod
    It is steel mate:

New M1's In Their Crate

Best Regards,

Andy

I hope you did not scratch it for my sake Andy
    Rod

?

The liner chinstraps with the anchor mark were found in the case containing the liners, together with the nape straps.

"They were in the Navy CAPAC corrogated shipping container with the liners. The nape straps were in there too"

is a quote from the seller/finder.
    Last edited by aj4010; 03-15-2013 at 04:40 PM.

?

Edit: Wrong info posted, sorry.
    Last edited by aj4010; 03-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast