Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newbie, with new acquisition.

Article about: Hey Guys. New to this forum. I was in an antique store this morning with my son. He found an old G.I. helmet, and asked if I would get it for him. The dude behind the counter says \\$25... Sol

Default Newbie, with new acquisition.

Hey Guys. New to this forum. I was in an antique store this morning with my son. He found an old G.I. helmet, and asked if I would get it for him. The dude behind the counter says $25... Sold... Anybody have any idea of the value? The cloth( twill) covered liner is throwing me for a loop?? Lot # 39C 3
    Newbie, with new acquisition.Newbie, with new acquisition.

?

Look up Hawley helmet liner. A little worn out but one of the early M1 Liners. Nice snag for $25
    The M1 shell looks like a fixed bail front seam version. Hard to see from the pic's!!!! More of those would be great!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Fantastic find at a silly price,well done indeed,oh how i wished i lived on that side of the pond.............

Very nice. I always wanted this pattern of liner when I collected US kit back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Wow, thanks guys. Hawley liner.... Could it be that this helmet was on Guadalcanal? I thought about getting a net, or cover for it. After looking at some pics of Guadalcanal, it seems that it should stay plain...

lucky just plain lucky, well done on finding that, for a good price.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

well done! a bargain!
    it could have been used anywhere.
    great find.
    Rod

?

Not necessarily on Guadalcanal, I know a lot of these were used in the Pacific but also in Europe these helmet are quite uncommon. The reason they stopped production of these liners wartime is they fell apart too easy, all they are made of is compressed paper almost like cardboard. If I am not mistaken this is the 1st pattern of these based on the webbing. My father told me at one time in the 80s/90s he saw an add in a military collectors buying/selling magazine some man down south had close to 1000 of these liner he said that they were 25.00 or some ridiculous price but at the time he was not collecting M1s, very nice helmet a great find

?

Nice find at a great price. Rob.

MAP
    ?

Nice rare liner. A must have for collectors! Your son has a good eye! More pics would be appreciated!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast