Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One more M1: Authentic WW II

Article about: Dear all, Once again a M1. I think the helmet looks to be authentic WW 2. May I ask you what do you think please? I wish you all a Happy New Year! alter musketier

Default One more M1: Authentic WW II

Dear all,

Once again a M1. I think the helmet looks to be authentic WW 2. May I ask you what do you think please?

I wish you all a Happy New Year!
    alter musketier

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bild8.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	920187

Name:	bild5.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	920184

Name:	bild6.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	920185

Name:	bild7.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	920186

Name:	bild4.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	920183

Name:	bild9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	920188
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

"May I ask you what do you think please?"
    I think you found a warehouse that your not sharing with us???
    These M1's you are showing are in fantastic condition

I wish you and yours an AWESOME New Years Alter!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Morning, it looks like a great M1 shell to me with a super amount of original finish (but I have only ever owned about three)!!
    Happy New Year! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

A nice mid-war McCord in excellent, original condition.

Fantastic condition, considering age, nice to see stainless steel rim & later style swivel bales & strap.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your advices. At the end I managed to buy the helmet. I am so happy!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    "May I ask you what do you think please?"
    I think you found a warehouse that your not sharing with us??? ...
    No, unfortunatelly I have not found such a wonderful warehouse I was just looking and searching around for an authentic WW II M1. Now, the search is over (for now at least).

Nevertheless I think that an authentic WW II liner would be nice too ... , maybe some clothing too ...

With best wishes
    a lucky alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Typical Schlueter Pot,heavy corking compared to McCords,great example in top condition,nice score................

It doesn't seem to have the 'S' stamp though?

I'm thinking Schlueter too. Flared flatter look to the brim, that patchy heavy cork, the round looking spot welds. I'm not an expert and could be wrong, but I "think" I see what ruddersrangers44 is seeing. Perhaps the S is faint and not showing in the pictures.

Do you see an S stamped under the front brim Alter? If a Schlueter, that's a great condition shell from a harder to find maker than the McCords you usually see. Schlueter only made a tenth of the shells McCord did.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your further evaluations.

Quote by avenger View Post
    ... Do you see an S stamped under the front brim Alter? If a Schlueter, that's a great condition shell from a harder to find maker than the McCords you usually see. Schlueter only made a tenth of the shells McCord did.
    I have no additional pictures. At the moment the helmet is on its way from the USA to me. I am looking forward for its arrival. In this way Schlueter would be a fine bonus.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 01-07-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast