Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinion Vietnam era M1C helmet.

Article about: Hi Opex. Haha typical! I look forward to seeing it, I love these helmets! Regards. Sean.

?

Hey Jake! All I can see heat stamp wise is 502 at the front inside. The shell seems all original textured paint typical wear and tear. One half of chinstrap is missing I have posted pics of remaining half plus shell and heat stamp if you can make it out. The para chin cup has a very faint US stamp on it. Also the liner does not fit into the shell properly making me think they are not together original, Both from different era's? Any speculation? In hindsight this seems like a really bad buy compared to what I was looking at and thought I was getting but you always take a gamble with ebay and usually it does pay off so have to just roll with the occasional stinker. I contacted the seller earlier so will let you all know what he replys. Regards. Sean.

Opinion Vietnam era M1C helmet.Opinion Vietnam era M1C helmet.Opinion Vietnam era M1C helmet.Opinion Vietnam era M1C helmet.

JBR
    ?

Regarding the poor fit of the liner, this is common and normal, at least with the Firestone nylon M1C liner in my experience. Not quite as much sticks out under the rim as happens with the '80s versions, 'though. I have an Israeli used example which has had about 1.5cms neatly trimmed all around the edge. It fits a US low dome shell perfectly! Best Regards, John

PS: The shell looks good in the photo, is that the pre-68 OD paint (not such a green OD as that used from that year) do you know?

i dident no those liners were so late i also thought the 75 stamped inside was the date. but the training cover would be somthing different to have.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    sean forgot to ask what the heat stamp is?also any pics of the chin straps please...............Jake.Opex would like to see your M1C please if possible.sean if you want to replace it thats down to you however you dont see many A frame rivots for sale usually only the A washer type.if you can then repair it for future referance.

Hi, no worries.

I will have a dig around my loft and post it up over the weekend.

NB: Shouldn't this thread be in the US M1 section though, either way ,will do!

Regards.

?

Hi Opex! Didnt realise we had a US M1 section. Noted for future reference cheers buddy! Look forward to seeing your M1C. I have found a regular M1 helmet this one definitely Vietnam war period all complete with erdl cover for a reasonable price and the seller lives in my area. So I am hoping to line this one up as a replacement or at least temporary replacement for the M1C. I have asked seller for better pics, Will post here a.s.a.p if I get them. Regards. Sean.

?

heres a couple of NAM era M1C's from my collection

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1...-2010-a-28654/

My new VN era airborne M-1C

?

Great helmets there Nick! Love the first one! Please keep me in mind if you would ever consider selling the beauty. On that point what is considered a decent price range for Vietnam era M1C's I thought it was around £100-£150 mark but prices seem to vary massively online. on another note the post war M1C I have posted how much realistically would that be worth? Regards. Sean.

Depends on everything I guess sean,one sold early hours for £35 complete but with shipping and customs a total of £90,but it was original all parts dating to mid 60's and complete,mine cost £63 and is in mint condition all parts dating to 1970,with shipping just over a ton......yours its hard to tell really depends on who really wants it,with damage to the A frame rivot and one chinstrap missing and being post nam you wont get to much im afraid.........Jake.

?

Hi Jake. Yeah I am resigning to the fact I will have to buy from abroad but it pains me to pay that tax every time I do! Not even the p&p rates bother me too much just the tax on principal and I always seem to get slapped with £40 and upwards which is pretty steep. I might wait till pay day this month and just get one worry about being skint after! I have told the guy I am returning the post war M1C as it was wrongfully advertised and he has reluctantly agreed. I should be posting it back tomorrow so I can get my money back but was considering making him a lesser offer for it anyway. Although that said I do not think he believes what I am saying about it being post war and probably thinks I am trying to con him so doubt he would anyway. Regards. Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Opex! Didnt realise we had a US M1 section. Noted for future reference cheers buddy! Look forward to seeing your M1C. I have found a regular M1 helmet this one definitely Vietnam war period all complete with erdl cover for a reasonable price and the seller lives in my area. So I am hoping to line this one up as a replacement or at least temporary replacement for the M1C. I have asked seller for better pics, Will post here a.s.a.p if I get them. Regards. Sean.

Hi Sean, no problem.

I would post pictures up today ,but my wife has the camera!!!

Will try again tomorrow, I can confirm that it has a Firestone liner, but can not make out the date ,as one of the sweatband clips sits right on top and has rubbed the date off, but I can make out that it was manufactured in September something or other.

Will try again tomorrow to post pictures up!

Regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast