Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Opinions Front seam fixed bail .

Article about: Morning gents these are not exactly my cup of tea but here we go the helmet it self looks to be a good front seam Fixed Bail M-1 the liner is in my opinion a much later variation possibly 70

?

Default Opinions Front seam fixed bail .

Morning gents these are not exactly my cup of tea but here we go the helmet it self looks to be a good front seam Fixed Bail M-1 the liner is in my opinion a much later variation possibly 70's -80's .
    I would really like some opinions on the paint and finish on the shell chinstrap and hardware sorry these are all the pictures I have at the moment.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_065459.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	702429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140614_065450.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	331.3 KB 
ID:	702428  

Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Very nice fixed bale WW2 M-1 pot from what I can see I think you are right on about post war liner. I have a similar helmet. timothy

?

Thanks Timothy I hate to talk money but I have an opportunity to purchase it from a seller he is asking $100.00 Cdn for helmet and liner does this seem like a fair price I do realize of course I will need to source a good period liner for it though.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Hi Mark,

Can you post some close-up shots of the paint? Also is there a "S" stamped under the lot number.

$100 doesn't sound bad at all.

Thank you and regards,
    Taka

?

Sorry Taka all the images I got till mid week next week as the seller is away I can probably talk him down some I do a fair bit of business with him if you gents think it is worth a shot I will put my name on it .

Regards Mark

I'd say good price as much as the M-1 pots have gone up there are a couple stores here where I see the WW2 liners going for about twenty five to fifty dollars depending on the condition of them I need to get around to picking up one myself. timothy

From the pics Mark the shell looks in top form and with hardly little use,the liner is a P64 M1 Helmet Liner produced between 1964-1969,if shipping and customs is on top of the $100 then its an expensive item to own,baring in mind you still have to find and maybe purchase an original liner,and they wont be an original set................
    With Regards Jake.

?

Thanks Jake a Canadian purchase I have already contacted the seller and he is willing to come down in price some because of the liner.

Regards Mark

Ok mate your call,all the best either way and good luck with this and a future liner.................
    With Regards Jake.

?

I managed to make a deal with the seller and purchased this M-1 for $60.00 dollars which IMO is more than a fair price for this example so now the fun part trying to source a good liner .

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast