Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions on USMC cover

Article about: by patches3 Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? - - Updated - - Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet? Standard

Default Re: Opinions on USMC cover

No, he isnt even related to the vet! I think it says in the description that he got it from a friend without paying whos father was the owner and he has a not from the friend and pictures of the vet with it on. I asked if he would go down but he has to really lower his price alot

I would like to say my grandpa played with his uncles stuff, but he was shipped out and got his own things to deal with! Military tradition skipped a generation in my family but I always see pictures of my mom in high scool with my grandpas jacket.

i asked the guy about price and he told me to email him. i will keep you posted!

he said he likes the piece but needs the money so i didnt even make an offer becaue i knew we were very far apart. i wish i hd a helmet with photos of the soldier wearing it..

I have one with great records of an owner, but it's a Vietnam captains helmet

Well, I got outbid and my mind and heart tell me to let this one go. There will be more eventually.

Yeh, one of these days i will get one!

You need a photo of the beach side center stitching.
    On the fake ones, stitching will be single on both beach and jungle side.
    Here are a couple of pics of my real one to compare.
    Also the EGA WAS put on WWII covers but it is a different kind of EGA than the KW era EGA.
    The good thing however about KW era covers is that they have not been faked yet.
    So if it has the 1953 contract stamp it is an authentic USMC cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on USMC cover   Opinions on USMC cover  

Opinions on USMC cover  

Here is another pic to illustrate the point regarding the center stitching.
    Problem is that you still have to look at the stitching around the bottom edges because some fakes do have the proper center stitching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on USMC cover  

Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet?

- - Updated - -

Thanks for the help! Do you know any place i could get a ww2 marines helmet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast