Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!

Article about: I was checking out a few of my lids when one particular shell which was featured on here last august has a bluey green paint scheme,Im drawn towards USMC however the liner hasn't been repain

Default Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!

I was checking out a few of my lids when one particular shell which was featured on here last august has a bluey green paint scheme,Im drawn towards USMC however the liner hasn't been repainted so a question mark there or a possible navy lid,anyway when I saw Ken Niewiarowicz had a USMC lid with liner painted too it bares an uncanny simularity to mine so please look at the pics of two of mine including the one in question plus Kens pics.....................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!   Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!  

Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!   Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!  

Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!   Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!  

intresting to me. the first one grey green. the 2nd one green. 3rd one a blue green. i find m1 helmet coluor tone to be vary varied in tones.
    i did no that a tone will tell you a branch of army. the image have just changed the m1 with the net was not up when i looked.

Hi Mark the 3rd and fourth pics are genuine USMC helmet with there own colour repaint scheme the other pics are my lids,but in differant light mine thats the first two pics it does have a bluey green colour very similar to the Marine lid and against my LT helmet which is true McCord olive Drab there is a massive differance to the eye.............have added my helmets original sellers pics from the original thread............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!   Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!  

Opinions on varied m1 helmet paint!!!!!  

ok can see that now. ive just had a look under the covers of two of mine usmc helmet. and both have differnt tones of paint on the shells.

I think it's just a patina variation. None of these strike me as having belonged to a specific branch.

Thanks anyway guys,just goes to show the amount of varied paint schemes,obviously many factors do come into it,direct sunlight,storage,shed,loft,basement etc.......

?

Very Interesting topic Jake, I do not believe I have single M1 with matching paint, there appears to be many shades of OD, but weathering and climate does have an impact on the paint finish I suppose