Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Hawley liner???

Article about: Found it on german ebay. It loks un-issued. What you think? Annoyed from this ads?   US Army Helm? Innenhelm? anschauen WW2? WK2 ? | eBay

?

Default Original Hawley liner???

Found it on german ebay. It loks un-issued. What you think?

US Army Helm? Innenhelm? anschauen WW2? WK2 ? | eBay

It could be a total modern fake or a fantastic original un-issued piece,almost impossible to tell which,a few years back there were two sellers on ebay one in the UK and one in the states making these and selling as such,this is the problem when something is modern made but to look period,that somewhere down the line the wrong person will do the unthinkable and try to pass it as an original...........

?

A 100% original 2nd pattern Hawley. Too bad the chinstrap is gone, because this is the most difficult pattern to find! (Other than the airborne liner)

How can you tell Austin its 100% original?the copies are extremely close to the real deal........

It is just a bit to clean for my liking, these liners where known to break very easily and break apart due to moisture. If it is original it would have to have been kept in very good storage conditions for the last 70+ years, it also has very little ageing and oxidisation to the metal. I would say a modern reproduction.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    How can you tell Austin its 100% original?the copies are extremely close to the real deal........
    I can tell just from having handled originals and reproductions. I own 6 original Hawleys, including a mint condition example similar to the one on Ebay: Original Hawley liner???

I also have reenactor friends who own reproductions, and while they look good in a helmet, they still have not made a perfect reproduction. And as far as I know this pattern has never been reproduced.

Hi,
    I 've seen some very well made Hawly reproductions, but so far they were early square studs with white suspansion bands.

I can see one or two cracks, what I like the most is the inner frosty, dusty surface.
    I think it's an original example.

Here is my only Hawly example "U.S.M.C. Art". 2nd type mid-production.

Please Post your M1s of 2013 !!!

Cheers!
    Taka

Come to think of it,I've never seen a 2nd pattern repro either only Rayon 1st types,and your very lucky to own 6 Hawleys,in the UK there's not much chance of that............