Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pair of M1's I need opinions on

Article about: Thanks for the replies everyone. I put a couple of bids on the first helmet but it it ended too high. I am not even going to bother with second one. I havent had much luck locally even the l

Default Pair of M1's I need opinions on

Both of these are being sold on eBay, which I know most people say to stay away from but both have good pictures and reputable sellers. I have done some research on the helmets and I believe they are both WWII era but I would like to have some of you guys look them over and maybe spot something I missed. I would also like to know what the value of these helmets are so I know when to stop bidding. Any other info on the helmets is also very welcome.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I appreciate the help

Alec

Default Re: Pair of M1's I need opinions on

The liner on the 2nd one you posted doesn't look right to me...

Thanks GIZ, anything in particular that sticks out to you?

Any other opinions on these helmets? The first one ends in a little over 2 hours.

Alec

The first one looks good... I'd be a little concerned that the canvas chinstrap is frayed and appears to be barely holding on.

The second one looks like some repro parts were put on to repair the helmet. Both cloth and leather chinstraps look too new. The white ring made out of string on the inside of the liner isn't right.

Please keep in mind that I am a new collector... I could be WAY off.

Thanks GIZ, I think I am going to bid on the first one since it is still a little cheaper and I like it better than the second plus what you have mentioned.

Alec

I think both are fine, but the prices are a bit too high. You can get similar helmets for less, but both of these seem correct to me. Jim G.

I agree with Jim, both are good. They are a bit pricey .
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thanks for the reply Jim and Nuno, do you know where I could find a wwii helmet for prices cheaper than this? I have been looking for awhile now and the ones that show up are in the $275-$600 range. It would be great if I could find one in the low $200s or cheaper.

Alec

M1's appear pretty frequently in antique malls and whatnot. Just check your local shops and make sure you search every corner.

By the way, both helmets look good to me.

?

The liner chin strap on the second helmet looks to be a recent replacement and i suspect is a repro, the first helmet looks all period but i must agree that these prices seem a little high

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast