Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor

Article about: This grouping, named to Warrant Officer Lund, includes a rear seam M1-C with brass hardware. It was repainted KW vintage dark green. At one point it had a rank insignia on the front, but tha

Default Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor

This grouping, named to Warrant Officer Lund, includes a rear seam M1-C with brass hardware. It was repainted KW vintage dark green. At one point it had a rank insignia on the front, but that was absent when I acquired the piece about 7 years ago. There are also the remains of a vertical "follow me" stripe, which appears to have been applied with the use of medical tape. All that remains is the adhesive. The Capac rigger made liner is dated 1952, with a Westinghouse stamp dated 1953 above the Capac stamp. The Garrison Cap is dated June 30, 1956, but has a WWII vintage A/B patch. Both the Garrison Cap and Visor are named to Warrant Officer Lund. The seller was, I believe, Warrant Officer Lund's niece. She told me that the vet was in the 101rst from WWII through the late '50's. Someday, when I get the time, I will try to research his service history. Anyway, I hope you like this grouping. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor   Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor  

Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor   Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor  

Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor   Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor  

Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor  

Default Re: Para Grouping - M1-C, Garrison Cap, Visor

You must research him. Super group.

Cheers, Ade.

very nice group. I have 3 m-1c helmets, but nothing else that had different things from one soldier like you have, very nice set.

Very nice grouping !